By: Alvie Hafen
The holidays are here! It’s a time for joy, family, and being grateful. Right? Isn’t that what the holidays are about? But is seems every year more and more the holidays are about sales, money, and finding the best presents. Black Friday has become insane in America. It has became so big it even now starts on THANKSGIVING at 6PM. Isn’t this day supposed to be about family and being thankful for what you have? Not focused on the biggest deals and people fighting in line.
We often forget to be thankful for what we have! We have so much! We are so blessed in this life. You don’t think so? I challenge everyone who reads this today to make a list of 20 things they are thankful for in their life. Here is my list, I have never written an actual list out and it helped remind me that I am truly blessed and loved in this life I have. Happy Holidays everyone! Remember what this time of season is actually about.
Things I am Thankful For:
1. My beautiful wife to be Lindsey. She is the light of my life and her cooking is pretty damn good too. 🙂
2. My mother and father. For raising me to be the person I am today.
3. My brothers and sisters. I had the best childhood growing up with them.
4. My two best friends since 8th grade Brad and Broc Hammon. Life wouldn’t be near as exciting without them in it.
5. My job at Double Edge. Everyday i get to work with my friends and help people become better versions of themselves.
6. My reliable 2016 Corolla. I know what it is like to have a car that isn’t reliable and breaks down.
7. My health and the opportunity to do Welded and workout. I’ve been injured before and it sucks not being able to workout.
8. I’m thankful for always having a roof over my head.
9. I’m thankful that I have never had to go hungry for a meal.
10. I’m thankful for my boss Derek, for always believing in me and giving me the chance to work at Double Edge.
11. I’m thankful for my team at Double Edge, for always helping and pushing me to be better in all aspects of life.
12. I’m thankful for Arthur and Vikkie for supporting and investing in Double Edge, to make it all possible.
13. I’m thankful for coffee I honestly don’t know how I would function everyday at 4:30AM without it.
14. All the trips and vacations I was able to take this past year. This year has been amazing! (Mexico, Alaska, weddings, Burning Man)
15. I’m thankful for all the veterans and everything they have sacrificed for us: their lives, limbs, and all their time protecting us.
16. I’m thankful for the ability to take a hot shower everyday.
17. Im thankful for this laptop I’m writing this blog on, it helps me keep my life and finances in order.
18. I’m thankful for my cell phone, being able to contact anyone instantly is an amazing thing!
19. I’m thankful for America and being born in a 1st world country.
20. I’m thankful for my bed. Nothing beats a good nights rest.
What are you thankful for?