7 Ways to Get Stronger
By: Jacob Wellock
- This goes without saying, but we will say it anyway. If you want to get stronger you have to lift more weights and you have to lift heavier weights. You might be asking yourself, isn’t that the same thing? No it’s not. You must lift barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, sandbags, your body, and anything else that you can pick up and put down. You must like to pick things up and put them down…like it a lot and do it a lot. These are things we do in class all the time to slowly change the world and possibly others as well.
- You must sleep more. Even the Lord rested on the 7th day. But we know that you or I are not God, so we require more rest. “And so they rested 7 days a week and averaged 7-9 hours of sleep to becometh strong as bull” as the saying goes…So unless you partake in a small syringe that you bought from someone down a dark alley, this is the greatest way to recover. Even if you do partake in extra curricular activities, you still need sleep. As said earlier, even the Lord rested on the 7th day and you know he didn’t need the extra “sauce”, He is the extra “sauce”, the spirit sauce and that’s what you need.
- Eating for your goal. If your goal is to get strong, chances are you are not eating enough, perhaps like a baby dear or like a fearless tiger. There is a good chance that you might be eating like the baby dear or you may be a tiger who is eating coconut cream pies, you be the judge. Quality whole foods will always be better than any supplement and will aid in your recovery. Which brings me to my next topic.
- Depending on how hard you are training, you may need extra supplements, which is your ticket onto the gains train. A quality protein, with quality carbs and fats, along with some fish oil and other vitamins is the sure way to help aid you in your training and in your life. You still must refer to rule 3 before applying rule 4.
- Are you really that committed? If everytime you train hard and wake up the next day and tell yourself “Man, my CNS today is not firing the way I want it to, I’m gonna take today off” then you should go ahead, change back into your comfy LuLu’s and eat your ice cream, because that type of overthinking is going to get you nowhere.
- Is flexibility important to you? If it’s not, then Life Alert will be there for you. If it is, then you my friend are on the way to becoming a cross of Jean-Claude Van Damme and Mona Lisa. That requires no explanation.
- Lastly, turn all of these things into a habit and we can guarantee you that you will be a better person for it. Not only to look good at the beach while showing off your swole or having such a stimulated and intricate mind, that if Einstein and Hawking had a brain child, you would not only be the child’s mentor, you would be the child…inception. We’ll see you in the gym you brain child with all the muscles you. [Insert flying doves here]