How Water Can Improve Your Health
By: Sharae Townsend
5 Benefits of Drinking More Water
- Water helps unclog pores and clear the skin.
- Water aids digestion and keeps things going with the flow; water also helps the kidneys do their job to flush out the toxins in our bodies.
- Water can prevent cramps and strains which may occur when the body is dehydrated. When we sweat our muscles lose water so we need to drink more water to give those muscles fuel.
- Water can also help us cut calories; drinking water makes you feel full so it can curb some of those junk food cravings. Try drinking a glass of water about 30 minutes before a meal and see how it can help lighten your appetite.
- Having a nice glass of water makes you feel refreshed and awake so if you aren’t already addicted to caffeine you can give water a shot to try and wake yourself up.
5 Tips to Help You Drink More Water Throughout the Day
- Always have a water bottle in sight, if it’s out of sight then it’s out of mind.
- If you don’t like the boring taste of water, then try putting some fruit in there to add some flavor.
- Start slow and work up to drinking the proper amount per day. For example: if you have to drink 4 liters of water per day and you currently only drink 1-2 bottles of water per day maybe start with getting in the habit of 1-2 liters a day and work up to the right amount.
- Start your day with a bottle of water and end your day with a bottle of water (there are two of your 7-8 bottles right there.)
- Eat more fruits and veggies because they contain water and will help you stay hydrated.
Group Class Workout
2 Rounds: 10 calories on a machine, 10 single arm Russian kettle bell swings, 10 single arm kettle bell high pulls, 25 band pulls
Finish with: 20 scorpions, 15 PVC pass throughs, 15 PVC good mornings
Clean and Jerk Progression
Welded: 12 sets of 1 power clean + 1 push jerk (every 1:00)
Welded Lean: No strength
Buy In: 2 miles on the bike
30 AbMat sit ups
60 double unders
*19 minute time cap
Buy In: 3000 meter row
15 AbMat sit ups
30 double unders
Mobility of the Day: Quad Smash (pg. 324)
Improves: Hip function, knee, hip, and lower back pain
Skills Class: 4:30PM at Midtown
Abs & Core Stability