Image taken from: https://www.wellplated.com/healthy-breakfast-egg-muffins/
1 Pan’s Worth
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach — chopped
- 1c cup finely diced red bell pepper — about 1 small pepper
- 1c cup finely diced green bell pepper — about 1 small pepper
- 1c cup quartered cherry tomatoes — or grape tomatoes, about 1 cup whole tomatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Dried Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Dried Oregano
- Pinch ground black pepper — or cayenne pepper if you like a little kick!
- Optional toppings: avocado — salsa, hot sauce, freshly chopped parsley
Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Divide the spinach, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and tomatoes among the cups (they will be about two-thirds of the way full).
In a large bowl or large measuring cup with a spout , briskly whisk together the eggs, egg whites, basil, oregano, and pepper until well combined. Carefully fill each muffin cup three-quarters of the way to the top with the egg mixture.
Bake for 24 to 28 minutes, until the egg muffins are set. Let cool for a few minutes, and then run a butter knife around the edges of each muffin to loosen it. Remove them from the pan and enjoy immediately, or let cool on a wire rack and refrigerate or freeze for later
Protein = 8 grams
Carbohydrate = 3 grams
Fat = 3 grams
Recipe Taken From