By: Derek Wellock
We are very excited to bring the best body composition testing available on the market to both our Double Edge Fitness locations. The purpose of this is to have the best tools available for our members to be able to have hard data to help guide your health and fitness goals now and in the future.
We are excited to offer all our members their first InBody Test free of charge. This is a $50 value. Upon completing your first Inbody test you will have the opportunity to set up a complimentary nutrition consultation with one of our nutrition coaches to help guide you with your goals based on your test results. To schedule your first InBody test please email [email protected]. The first test will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and review your results.
Tracking, understanding and maintaining a healthy body composition is a very important tool for maintaining your overall health and reaching your goals. The InBody machine is the chosen machine for cancer and Alzheimer’s treatment and research centers, hospitals including the Mayo Clinic, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, many professional sports teams, and premium health and fitness centers. You can be confident you have chosen the best. For the test to be successful and give you accurate and reliable results each time, please familiarize yourself with the following pretest protocols and videos.
- Pretest video preparation: This video will guide you through the proper pre-test procedures in order to produce the most accurate results.
- Prior to testing, DO:
- Hydrate well the day before
- Stand upright for at least 5 minutes
- Use the bathroom
- Remove all metal objects (jewelry, watches, belts, ets.) socks, pantyhose, shoes, and heavy articles of clothing.
- Warm yourself up for 20 minutes if you are testing in cold weather.
- Prior to testing, AVOID:
- Eating/exercising at least 3 hours
- Consuming alcohol or caffeine at least 24 hours
- Using a shower, hot tub, sauna
- Using lotion/ointment on your hands and feet
- Prior to testing, DO:
- DO NOT TEST IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, MENSTRUATING, OR HAVE MEDICAL IMPLANTS SUCH AS PACEMAKERS OR OTHER LIFE-SUSTAINING MEDICAL IMPLANTS.
- Interpreting your test results video: Each time you complete your composition testing you will be with a coach who is knowledgeable in all aspects of the test results. But watching this video in advance will help you to understand your test results to the fullest.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to me beforehand.