7 Good Morning Tips
By: Trent Soares
1) Drink a large glass of water upon waking. Ever have that dry mouth feeling when you wake up? It’s the worst! Make it a routine to drink a glass of water to help flush out your body’s toxins, to get you hydrated and to fire up your metabolism. I have also implemented a glass right before bed as well. It helps me to get up in the morning, the bladder is an awesome alarm clock.
2) Meditate. Try setting aside ten minutes of your morning to meditate or devote to quiet time. This will help you clear your mind of unnecessary worries as well as help you be more focused to attack the day.
3) Read something positive. Often, we start our mornings off by reading the news or getting updated on the latest notifications from social media on our phones. Unfortunately, these notifications are usually negative and are constantly streaming in since we have access to news twenty-four hours of the day. I am not saying we shouldn’t be updated with world events but, instead, try to read something up-lifting and positive to start your day. You will have a more positive mindset if you do this.
4) Set your intentions for the day. It sounds really simple (because it is) but setting your intentions and writing down what you are grateful for has a tremendous impact on your mindset. I use the app called Todoist and I don’t miss a day. It helps me to stay organized and updated with work as well.
5) Eat breakfast. Not only will this help with your metabolism but it can also give you energy, more focus and helps stave off possible morning crankiness. Try making something like a fritter or a quiche at the beginning of the week so that you don’t need to do any cooking in the morning, just eating.
6) Prepare for your morning. In order to do the things listed above, you may need to prepare the night before. How so? Set out the clothes you plan on wearing the next day. This will save time come morning when you may be indecisive about what to wear or are not thinking clearly. This also goes for preparing the items you will need the next day. Heading to the gym after work? Get your gym bag packed the night before. Have an important meeting the next day? Make sure your briefcase is packed with the necessary items that you need for the meeting. This will save you time in the morning and will give you less to stress about.
7) CrossFit. Come see your favorite Hawaiian at Double Edge Fitness in the morning. I promise you will not be disappointed. The mornings at Midtown are overflowing with positivity and aloha spirit. Plus, I make sure to brush my teeth, and you already know I got the BANGERS lined up. Getting your day started with the endorphins flowing is a major key to a good morning.
2017 06 15